Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Our Staff

OK Time for me to brag a little bit.... I have amazing staff.... and I mean UH-MAZ-ING!  In order for my classroom to run smoothly it takes a lot of hands and a lot of patience.  I am so very fortunate to have an amazing team of hard working, dedicated ladies that are able to constantly think on their feet and support our students without hesitation. Without them our classroom would not be what it is. I am so incredibly grateful for each of them.  Here they are to tell you a little bit about themselves...

Miss Katie (Aka Miss Kitty/Kiwi)

I am very passionate in the work I do everyday.  Prior to working in the Autism Support Classroom I worked as a TSS with children on the spectrum along with a variety of other types of children.  I have my Undergraduate Degree in Psychology and am working towards my Masters Degree in Social Work.  When I am not working I enjoy spending time with my family, boyfriend and friends, and enjoy taking pictures and doing yoga.
Miss Katie with Her Boyfriend and Dog

Mrs. Martin

Hi, my name is Michele Martin.  I am a teacher assistant in Mrs. Huber's classroom at Fayetteville Elementary. I am a mother of eight children and I have five grandchildren.  I am also head of housekeeping for a local Christian camp ground.  I have worked for the Chambersburg Area School District for the past eleven and a half years.  I find each day working with the students very rewarding and am glad to be a part of a great team of educators. 
Mrs. Martin and her family
Mrs. Martin


Miss Ashley

I am Miss Ashley. I was born and raised in Chambersburg and graduated in 2010 from Chambersburg Area Senior High School. Directly after high school I attended Shippensburg University where I received my bachelor's degree focusing on child psychology in 2014. Shortly after graduation, and planning a wedding, I began working as a TSS in Mrs. Huber's room. The atmosphere was so upbeat and welcoming, not only to staff, but to all students as well. Although I loved my job as a TSS, I felt that I could be apart of something so much bigger if I worked for the district in an Autistic Support classroom. I was very blessed in being able to actually be a full time staff in that very classroom this past May. In July I attended Verbal Behavior boot camp through the PaTTAN Autism Initiative where I finally began to fully understand our program. I love being apart of the children's learning path and working with such a great team at Fayetteville!
Miss Ashley with Her Husband (and Baby Easton COMING SOON!)

Miss Amy

I was born and raised in Chambersburg, PA and graduated from Chambersburg Area Senior High School.  I continued my education at Salisbury State University in MD.  I majored in Elementary Education.  I have been working with special needs for the past 16 years in different capacities from working in group homes with teens, foster care case management, and TSS service.  I am currently a PCA in Mrs. Huber's classroom and I am so happy in this position.  I love coming to work every day and making a difference in the lives of the children I work with. 

Miss Amy





SEE.... I told you they were Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment